Review: Butlers' Printed Models 6mm WW2 Tanks (Panzer I & II)

I got my hands on a few 6mm tanks from Butler Printed Models, a company that specializes in 3D printing their designs, offering them from 6mm to up to 1/48th, in both resin and filament. 

Resin print Pz II.

In this review, we'll look at both the more expensive resin and the cheaper PLA in the form of the Panzer I and II, which fit my 6mm WW2 North Africa project. 

PLA print Pz I.

I'll admit I was slightly worried about how such small tanks would look in PLA print, but I was surprised to find that they looked surprisingly good! Yes, when you look at the tanks from a few inches away you can see that there are layers, but from a game distance they are absolutely fine, which for a price of less than a pound per tank is great. 

Left to Right: Resin tank, PLA tank with Resin Turret, PLA Tank.

And in the case of the resin print, you can hardly tell anything anymore and it's a super tank, easily on par with metal castings. There are even some small lovely details like shovel on the tank hull, or fire extinguisher.

Look at all these incredible details on this resin PZ I!

The only major "problem" is with the turret, where the PLA Panzer II doesn't have a coaxial machine gun, only a cannon, but that's a minor detail and some metal models don't bother with a machine gun at all.

And in the back row its PLA printed PZ II, with center one having resin turret.

I have to say that I was surprised by the quality of BMP models and I can recommend them to everyone with a clear conscience. And if youre curious how the tanks looked before painting, here is unboxing video on my Youtube or couple of pics on my Instagram.




Also stay tunned for review of ther "bigger scale" and more modern tanks!







Comments