Review of German Heer (Winter) Weapons Teams

This year Warlord Games launched a new variant of their resin called Warlord Resin Plus™ and I got my hands on these new winter grenadiers.

As always with these weapon teams, it's three pairs of classics - Sniper, Flamethrower and AT weapon, in this case Panzerschreck. Which if you want to take a good look at the unpainted models, I have a short unboxing video on youtube.

Which Panzerschreck makes the set automatically a mid/late war thing, but individually the models are usable for earlier times - the flamethrower team has classic German jackboots, as does the spotter for the sniper, so they're easily usable for the beginning of the war.

In addition to the models, there are bases in the box and, as is usual with new packs, order dice. 

The advantages of the Warlord Resin Plus™ include that it is supposed to have sharp details and good handling/cleaning, and I have to say this is true and I do really well with it. Another advantage of the wallord resin is that it is made to be painted on without having to spray primer (which in the end is a super advantage, especially in the winter when you can't just go out and spray your models) and so I decided to give it a try and paint the models without spray. 

And surprisingly, it works! Personally, I find that the paint takes longer to dry, but otherwise it acted as if it was just applied to the figure with a grey base - only of course, because of this, it doesn't have any zenithal highlights, which I personally do most things over, for example.

I don't know what more to say. The new resin is good to work with, the models have nice details and it's really true that there is no need to undercoat the models. I can't recommend it enough! It basicaly just like the metal set, just less  weight and more conversion oportunities!

- Get yours here!

Comments